A commissioned pipe axe:
- This tomahawk was replicated from an original in Gary Hendershott catalog #120.
- The original is said to be one of the top ten Indian tomahawks to exist.
- This tomahawk was replicated very close to the original including a heart shape cutout surrounded by stippling and engraved lines along its border. Above the cutout is a stippled and engraved starburst, also seen on the original.
- The tangs on either side of the blade are curled back in the Southern Plains style.
- The blade is 10.5” long. The entire length of the handle has been file branded in a circular stepped design with a slight swell at the beginning and ending of the hand grip area. This swell facilitates a hole for a beaded drop to be later added by the owner.
- The head and handle were aged correctly to resemble the original.
Southern Cheyenne Pipe Axe: SOLD